Last night I rediscovered the beauty of journaling. It’s such a beautiful thing to be able to express yourself with pen and paper. I started consistently journaling around September of 2012. Previously I had only written an entry or two and lost the habit, so the fact that I have now gone through a couple journals by now is pretty unbelievable.
When I picked up my pen and my dust-covered journal last night, words came flowing through my hand before I even realized what I was writing. During the writing of 6 pages, I listened to music that moved me to tears and urged my hand to keep writing despite the cramps.
Here is my journaling playlist:
1. It Doesn’t Matter Anymore by Robby Hecht
2. Fresh Pair of Eyes by Brooke Waggoner (Nashville 2012 Mixtape Sampler version)
3. Chanticleer, Certain Hope (final) by Catherine Prewitt
4. Meek; Wild by Brooke Waggoner
5. Pick Me Up by Air Traffic Controller
6. Looking for You Again by Matthew Perryman Jones
7. A Conjunction of Drones Simulating the Way In Which Sufjan Stevens Hasan Existential Crisis In the Great Godrey Maze by Sufjan Stevens
8. The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades Is Out to Get Us! by Sufjan Stevens
9. Don’t Say by St. Lola in the Fields
10. Star Counting by Cheyenne Medders